I snagged this recipe from the Land o Lakes website. That’s right people I actually found a decent recipe off of a commercial brand’s website. I am willing to try my hand at anything inspired by jalapeño poppers. How could a recipe involving creamy, cheesy, spicy goodness go wrong?
These rolled tacos are amazing. There is really no other way to describe them. Their crispy baked shell add the perfect texture to a creamy filling. I went crazy with the jalapeños because we like spicy food so if you are not a big fan of heat I suggest using half of what this recipe calls for. These tacos are perfect for weeknights when time is tight as it doesn’t take very long to make. We finished with quite a few left overs, but keep in mind that only two of us were eating these. That said, if you have a larger family with older children you may want to double the recipe and stock your freezer with left overs. These are large rolled tacos, not your small 6 inch rolled street tacos. One of these with a side dish is more than enough to fill you up for dinner.
Makes: 10 rolled tacos Calories: 295 per rolled taco Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/4 cup of milk, I used 2%
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese
- 1 (12oz) jar jalapeños, drained and chopped finely
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a large pan. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add cooked chicken, milk, cream cheese and jalapeños. Mix together until the cream cheese is soft and all ingredients are well mixed.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheddar cheese.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread a thin layer of the chicken mixture over one half of each tortilla and roll it up tightly. Place each rolled taco on a baking sheet with the seam side down.
- Melt the remaining 2 tbsp of butter and brush a little over each taco.
- Bake for 7 minutes and remove from the oven to flip the tacos. Bake for an additional 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a minute or two before serving.
- Serve with your favorite side dish and enjoy!
Digital Recipe Card:
*Photo is an original belonging to me
*Recipe adapted from http://www.landolakes.com