I do this thing where I scroll through pinterest and find a bunch of recipes that look AMAZING. That seems pretty normal, but I don’t stop there. I often cannot decide between recipes for the week’s menu so I take elements from a bunch of recipes and mash them together. That said, I took the heat and cheese from jalapeno popper recipe, and the sausage crumbles from a breakfast stuffed pepper recipe. Sometimes these recipe risks are epic fails, but other times they turn out so good that they make it to the blog. This is one of those times. These peppers are super savory and spicy, and the creamy cheese adds balance to bigger flavors. This is definitely going to be a frequent item on our dinner menu this summer.
Makes: 24 peppers Time: 30 minutes
- 12 large jalapenos
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook up sausage and crumble it with your spatula as it browns.
- Slice jalapenos in half and remove ribs and seeds.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion powder and garlic powder. Once this mixture is combined well, fold in the cooked sausage.
- Scoop some of the sausage mixture into each sliced jalapeno.
- Set the filled jalapenos on a foil lined baking sheet and cook in the oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and peppers are tender.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
*Photo is an original belonging to me.