Not only are these sliders incredibly easy to make but they are also delicious. The sauce on top is the perfect addition and doesn’t mute, but instead enhances the flavor of the pickles and ham. It took a lot of self control to only have two of these for dinner. I could have easily been satisfied with a few more! You only need a handful of ingredients for this recipe and about 30 minutes of time to make it. I was able to stuff a 9×13 baking dish and had another (smaller) pan of 7 more so we will definitely have leftovers for a few days. It is the perfect dish for busy weeknights. This recipe was inspired by http://www.houseofyumm.com you can find the original post on their beautiful website if you would like to check it out.
Serves: 24 sliders Calories: 217 per slider Time: 30 minutes
- 24 Hawaiian rolls
- 9oz thin sliced deli ham, we used honey ham
- 2 (80z) packages of Swiss cheese
- 1 (24 oz) jar of bread and butter pickles, I used a big jar because I packed on the pickles. If you want to use a smaller jar just go lightly on the pickles when you assemble the sliders.
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare your baking dish with cooking spray
- Cut all of the Hawaiian rolls in half. Place the bottom half of each roll evenly in your baking dish, reserving the top halves.
- Place the ham over the bottom halves of the rolls, next the cheese and finally the pickles.
- Place the tops of the rolls over the dish.
- Whisk together the butter, dijon mustard and onions. Spoon this sauce over the tops of the sliders. Don’t soak them with the sauce as they will get soggy. You want just enough sauce for flavor 😉
- Cover your dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Once 15 minutes is up remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes to crisp up the tops of the sliders.
- Slice the sliders apart, serve and enjoy!
*Photo is an original belonging to me
*Recipe adapted from http://www.houseofyumm.com