There is no combination better then strawberries and chocolate, but we’ve all experienced the struggle of how messy chocolate dipped strawberries can be. Take a bite out of a chocolate dipped strawberry and you’re likely to have chunks of chocolate falling to the floor. Even making them can be a hassle and epic fail because melted chocolate clumps as it cools. I’ve got the perfect recipe for you if you want to enjoy chocolate strawberries without all the trouble. These chocolate filled strawberries are amazing because the filling is creamy and not “hard.” It is an awesome twist to the traditional idea of chocolate covered strawberries. I used the whipping cream we had left over to make a fluffy whipped cream that I piped on top of the strawberries so that step is completely optional. These are extremely simple to make and so worth it!
Serves: approximately 2 dozen Calories: 120/strawberry Time: 25 minutes assembly + 1 hour cooling time
- 24-36 medium strawberries
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Remove stems and hollow out the middle of the strawberry to create small bowl. Cut a sliver off of bottom of each strawberry so that strawberry will stand on end. Discard hollowed out strawberry bits and bottom cuts.
- Put morsels and cream in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir until creamy. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Let cool slightly.
- In a different bowl mix cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat until creamy then stir in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Take this mixture and spoon in large pastry bag with star tip or spoon into gallon-size heavy-duty plastic bag with a 1/4-inch-wide opening cut at one corner. Pipe mixture into strawberries, filling cups completely and then mounding mixture on top of each strawberry. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- For best flavor, consume within 24 hours.
- OPTIONAL: Using this recipe (whipped cream recipe) make some whipped cream and when it is nice and fluffy pipe it on top of the strawberries like pictures above.
*Recipe adapted from www.verybestbaking.com