I love that pinterest gives me the inspiration to be creative and make delicious dinners. This time I had a light bulb moment after seeing a meatball appetizer and an open face sandwich recipe next to one another. I crafted this little gem with a little help from allrecipes.com. I loved the crunchy whole wheat bread with cheesy chicken meatballs. I topped mine with buffalo sauce and Perry took jalapeños on his. This recipe is a must try and I encourage trying different toppings.
Serves: 5 Calories: 260 (this varies depending on your bread/roll) Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup of whole wheat breadcrumbs or panko crumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, one diced and one sliced if you want to use it as topping
- 1- 8 oz block of sharp cheddar, divided half shredded and half sliced
- Whole wheat bread or rolls
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spray a large baking dish or rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine the ground chicken with salt, pepper, egg, bread crumbs, garlic cloves, chopped jalapeño and the grated cheddar. Mix thoroughly to combine. Roll into small/med meatballs. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Slice your rolls lengthwise. Place 3-4 meatballs in each roll, then cover with sliced cheddar.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes
- OPTIONAL: Broil to brown the cheese. I wouldn’t do this because I personally don’t like to eat burnt bread….
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
*Photo is an original belonging to me
*Recipe is adopted from allrecipes.com
Its getting colder which means it’s about time to start making soups and stews in the crockpot. We’ve also been feeling a bit under the weather so I decided it was time for me to try my hand at chicken potpie. I stumbled on a gem of a recipe at allrecipes.com and was shocked to find out that you can make potpie in the crockpot. I changed so much of this recipe so I am adapting it as my own but want to give allrecipes credit for giving me the idea and the base. This is my dream recipe because it has little mess, little fuss, it is delicious and perfect for the chilly weather.
Serves:8 Calories: 263 (without biscuit) Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, washed/ trimmed and cubed (about 1in cubes)
- 2 bags mixed frozen vegetables (we used corn, peas and carrots)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cans cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 can cream of celery condensed soup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp black pepper
- Combine everything but the frozen veggies in the crockpot. Cook on high for 5 hours
- Add the frozen veggies and cook for an additional hour.
- Serve with biscuits and enjoy!
*Idea adapted from http://www.allrecipes.com
*Photo is an original belonging to me
I made this for Easter because I wanted something new, easy to whip up, and obviously delicious. I looked all over the web for those criteria and stumbled upon this little gem on http://www.myrecipes.com It is one of those “throw it together and let it refrigerate overnight” recipes so that on special days you won’t have to fret in the kitchen trying to pull together a desert. So good!
-1 cup of whipping cream
– 1-11 oz package of white chocolate morsels
– 1 tbsp sour cream
– 1 tsp grated lime rind
-1/3 cup of key lime or lime juice (I used key limes and it took me forever but was worth it)
– 1-9inch ready made graham pie crust
– sliced lime/wedges to garnish
1.) Combine whipping cream and white chocolate morsels in a medium saucepan over low heat.
2.) Cook for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. It will seem clumpy at first but be patient because it will get creamy 🙂
3.)Remove from heat. Add sour cream, lime rind, and juice; stir well.
4.)Pour into crust. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
4.) Garnish and serve!
*Photo is an original by me
** Original recipe can be found at http://www.myrecipes.com