Before I go into my mini-review of the recipe I want to admit to the terrible quality of the photo accompanying this entry. I made these on Halloween and my little monster (literally… Chance was Mike Wasowski from Monsters Inc for Halloween) was eager to go trick or treating. I usually take a couple photos and choose the best one but this time I took one and it came out really crappy. So please excuse that. Onto the recipe… This one was a hit! I tend to find awesome appetizers and make them for dinner. This one starts out creamy and flavorful but by the time you swallow your bite this wonton will kick your tastebuds into heat overdrive! I used a mixture of spicy jalapeños and carrots to really add heat.
Makes: approx 20 wontons Calories: 84.25/wonton Time: 30 mins
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 (4oz) can of sliced jalapeños, chopped (I used a can of jalapeños and carrots)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, Monterrey cheese, jalapeños, garlic and green onions.
- Fill wonton wrappers with approximately 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture each. Fold wrappers into triangles and press the edges with wet fingers.
- Arrange wontons on a baking pan and spritz with a little bit of cooking spray. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
- Let cool for a minute and enjoy!
*Recipe belongs to http://www.allrecipes.com
**Photo is an original taken by me