We love hummus and find our homestyle recipe to be better then the store bought stuff. This recipe isn’t exactly creamy because it is hand mixed, and that is one of the things we love most about it. Every bite is different with chunks of tomato, chickpea and garlic. I’m seriously about to go break some out of the fridge just talking about it. It’s that good! We like to make it not only for ourselves but as an appetizer for when we have friends/family over. Definitely a crowd pleaser!
Serves: a ton Calories: 30 calories/ tbsp Time: 15 minutes
- 2 (15oz) cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 medium jar of sliced sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp dill seed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Rinse and drain beans.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat chickpeas for approximately 1-1.5 minutes
- Mash chickpeas with something like a meat mallet or potato masher. They will be hot so please be careful
- Once it’s cooled a bit add 1/2 of the jar of tomatoes and oil (you can use more if it suits your taste but at least use half of the jar), garlic and spices.
- Mix it all together and serve with a drizzling more of the tomato olive oil overtop.
*Photo and recipe are originals. Feel free to use recipe on your own blog but please link it back to my blog for credit.