There is no combination better then strawberries and chocolate, but we’ve all experienced the struggle of how messy chocolate dipped strawberries can be. Take a bite out of a chocolate dipped strawberry and you’re likely to have chunks of chocolate falling to the floor. Even making them can be a hassle and epic fail because melted chocolate clumps as it cools. I’ve got the perfect recipe for you if you want to enjoy chocolate strawberries without all the trouble. These chocolate filled strawberries are amazing because the filling is creamy and not “hard.” It is an awesome twist to the traditional idea of chocolate covered strawberries. I used the whipping cream we had left over to make a fluffy whipped cream that I piped on top of the strawberries so that step is completely optional. These are extremely simple to make and so worth it!
Serves: approximately 2 dozen Calories: 120/strawberry Time: 25 minutes assembly + 1 hour cooling time
- 24-36 medium strawberries
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Remove stems and hollow out the middle of the strawberry to create small bowl. Cut a sliver off of bottom of each strawberry so that strawberry will stand on end. Discard hollowed out strawberry bits and bottom cuts.
- Put morsels and cream in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir until creamy. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Let cool slightly.
- In a different bowl mix cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat until creamy then stir in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Take this mixture and spoon in large pastry bag with star tip or spoon into gallon-size heavy-duty plastic bag with a 1/4-inch-wide opening cut at one corner. Pipe mixture into strawberries, filling cups completely and then mounding mixture on top of each strawberry. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- For best flavor, consume within 24 hours.
- OPTIONAL: Using this recipe (whipped cream recipe) make some whipped cream and when it is nice and fluffy pipe it on top of the strawberries like pictures above.
*Photo is an original belonging to me
*Recipe adapted from www.verybestbaking.com
Does this even need a description? Perfect, heavenly, dangerous, mouthwatering, delectable… Should I go on? These babies are the absolutely perfect ending to a great meal. I would only suggest making sure you have a ton of people with you to eat them because they are addictive! This recipe really saved me because I cannot bake to save my life! Thank you http://www.mybakerlady.com for this wonderfully perfect no bake recipe 🙂
Serves: 15 Calories: 389/bar Time: 5 minutes for assembly and 1 hour chill time
- 1 cup of butter, melted
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1.5 cups of milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix together the butter, graham crackers, sugar, and peanut butter. Mix well
- Press evenly into a 9×13 baking pan.
- In a microwave safe container melt chocolate chips in 30 second intervals mixing between intervals. (Mine took a 30 second zap and then an additional 20 second zap.)
- Scoop melted chocolate over the pressed peanut butter mixture. Evenly spread chocolate over with a knife of the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving and cut into 15 squares
*Original recipe belongs to http://wp.me/pr0i6-Ko
**Photo is an original belonging to me
I made this for Easter because I wanted something new, easy to whip up, and obviously delicious. I looked all over the web for those criteria and stumbled upon this little gem on http://www.myrecipes.com It is one of those “throw it together and let it refrigerate overnight” recipes so that on special days you won’t have to fret in the kitchen trying to pull together a desert. So good!
-1 cup of whipping cream
– 1-11 oz package of white chocolate morsels
– 1 tbsp sour cream
– 1 tsp grated lime rind
-1/3 cup of key lime or lime juice (I used key limes and it took me forever but was worth it)
– 1-9inch ready made graham pie crust
– sliced lime/wedges to garnish
1.) Combine whipping cream and white chocolate morsels in a medium saucepan over low heat.
2.) Cook for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. It will seem clumpy at first but be patient because it will get creamy 🙂
3.)Remove from heat. Add sour cream, lime rind, and juice; stir well.
4.)Pour into crust. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
4.) Garnish and serve!
*Photo is an original by me
** Original recipe can be found at http://www.myrecipes.com
I have seen tons of photos like this one all over pinterest and have read lots of different variations of the recipe. I decided to keep it simple because honestly how could one mess up a s’more dessert. I know some people will call this a poser recipe because there are no graham crackers… I say good for you if you want to try it with graham but these things are full enough without them. However, I do encourage you to try different recipes of your own too. That is part of the fun being in the kitchen! Perry loved them and I even conned my 2 year old into eating banana with this recipe 🙂
Calories: 122/banana boat
-1 Large Banana (7-8 in.)
– 6 Mini-Marshmallows
– 1 tbsp. Semisweet chocolate chips
– Tin foil
1.) Slice banana down the middle. Try not to cut all the way through. You only want a slice so you can stuff it.
2.) Stuff with marshmallows and chocolate chips
3.) Wrap in tin foil
4.) Grill for 6-10 minutes on med-high heat. (No need to flip these bad boys just throw them on the grill and let em’ cook)
5.) These will be pretty hot when you take them off the grill.. As tempting as it is to just dive in PLEASE let it sit for a minute so you don’t singe off your tastebuds… You’ll be thankful you waited 🙂
*Photo is original taken by me