Oh baby, Wendy’s chili is something that holds childhood memories. My best childhood friend, Misty, had a family vacation spot down the shore. Every summer her poppy would load us up in the car and drive us to the shore. On the way, we would stop at Wendy’s as we neared our destination. We always got chicken nuggets and chili. This chili took me back to those days so vividly I even remembered the one trip that we made her amazing poppy play Britney Spears’ “baby one more time” album on repeat. This is not necessarily the quickest recipe to whip up, but it is incredibly easy. The most difficult part was chopping up the fresh veggies. Truly, it is mainly dumping in cans of saucy goodness and stirring occasionally over the course of 2 hours. This recipe made SO much that we were honestly eating it for a week. Make this chili for a crowd!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 30 oz can of tomato sauce
- 30 oz can of kidney beans, not drained
- 30 oz can of pinto beans, not drained
- 15 oz can od ranch style beans
- 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, de-seeded/de-veined and diced
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- OPTIONAL: toppers like sour cream, cheddar cheese, cornbread, cilantro, avocado, etc.
- In a large pot brown the ground beef. Drain the fat.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and bring the pot to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for 2 hours. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Dish into a deep bowl and serve with your favorite toppers.
Digital Recipe Card:
Photo is an original belonging to me.