This is my all time favorite gathering of ingredients. Crunchy green beans surrounded by soft buttery garlic and topped with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, oh my word. I could eat it every day with every meal that is how much I love this stuff. It goes with just about anything, but I wouldn’t serve them with a main dish that is also heavy in garlic. Don’t get me wrong, I love garlic but love getting kisses goodnight from my babies even more 🙂
Serves: 4 Calories: 93 per serving Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 7 cloves of garlic (or more, I don’t judge), chopped fine
- Sprinkling of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium high heat
- Once butter is melted add green beans into pan and stir to coat the beans with butter.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to low. I like my green beans a bit crunchy so I don’t allow them the time to go soft. I let them cook covered for about 7 minutes stirring occasionally. If you want them softer you’ll have to play with time but I estimate it would take 10 minutes or so.
- Once green beans reach your preferred texture, add garlic to pan and stir until caramelized. Do this over low heat because you are looking to caramelize not burn the garlic.
- Right before you serve the green beans sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Photo is an original belonging to me