This is my all time favorite gathering of ingredients. Crunchy green beans surrounded by soft buttery garlic and topped with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, oh my word. I could eat it every day with every meal that is how much I love this stuff. It goes with just about anything, but I wouldn’t serve them with a main dish that is also heavy in garlic. Don’t get me wrong, I love garlic but love getting kisses goodnight from my babies even more 🙂
Serves: 4 Calories: 93 per serving Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 7 cloves of garlic (or more, I don’t judge), chopped fine
- Sprinkling of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium high heat
- Once butter is melted add green beans into pan and stir to coat the beans with butter.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to low. I like my green beans a bit crunchy so I don’t allow them the time to go soft. I let them cook covered for about 7 minutes stirring occasionally. If you want them softer you’ll have to play with time but I estimate it would take 10 minutes or so.
- Once green beans reach your preferred texture, add garlic to pan and stir until caramelized. Do this over low heat because you are looking to caramelize not burn the garlic.
- Right before you serve the green beans sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Photo is an original belonging to me
It is not much of a secret that we love buffalo chicken. We’ve done soup, egg rolls, pizza and now we can check meatloaf off the list. My favorite thing about this loaf was not only how juicy it was but also how the tangy the top layer of sauce paired with the creamy and sharp Gorgonzola cheese. This is a rich loaf with TONS of flavor, and heat. It was super easy to throw together but bear in mind that it does take an hour to cook. It isn’t really a thirty minute meal, and that is because of cook time.
Serves: 8 Calories: 240 per serving Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1.5 lbs of chicken (get 2 lbs and save half of a lb for tacos later in the week!)
- 1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2/3 cup of celery, sliced
- 1/3 cup Gorgonzola crumbles
- 1 small white onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup of milk, we used 1%
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce, this is where you choose your adventure and tailor the heat to your tastes. We went with the hottest
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp dried dill weed
- Black pepper to taste
For the topping:
- 3 tbsp hot sauce
- 2+ tbsp Gorgonzola
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside. We have a really cool pan that drips fat to the bottom. If you can get your hands on one I would definitely recommend it.
- In a large bowl mix ground chicken, bread crumbs, celery, Gorgonzola and onion.
- In a smaller bowl whisk milk, hot sauce, egg, salt, garlic powder, parsley, dill and pepper.
- Pour wet ingredients into chicken mixture and mix until combined. It will feel pretty “wet” but don’t worry because this is what makes it so juicy!
- Press mixture into a prepared pan.
- Brush with remaining 3 tbsp hot sauce and bake for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with additional Gorgonzola cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
*Photo is original belonging to me
*Recipe adapted from http://www.motherthyme.com