With Football season upon us I think it is appropriate that I post a “game day buffalo chicken something” recipe. This is a great dish for game day because it doesn’t require a lot of fuss and will feed all your footballers. Be warned, that with everything else buffalo chicken, this soup is ADDICTING! It has a great spicy bite with tender shredded chicken and fill-your-belly veggies/egg noodles. This soup is so easy to throw together and such a pleasure to enjoy with family and friends! We love this recipe and cannot wait to make it again!
Serves: 10 Calories: 255 per serving Prep time: approximately 30 minutes Cook time: 4 hours
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 12 oz buffalo sauce
- 6 cups of chicken broth, I used reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Add carrots, celery, garlic, onion, chicken, buffalo sauce, and chicken broth to the crock pot. Cook on low for 3 1/2 hours.
- Add the egg noodles, raise the temperature to high, and cook for a half hour.
- Remove the chicken breasts, shred them and return them to the crock pot
- Turn off the crock pot and stir in the heavy cream.
- Serve hot and GO TEAM! 😉
*Photo is an original belonging to me
*Recipe adapted from http://www.wineandglue.com