It is no secret that I love savory sweet, and this recipe delivers just that. This chicken dish is baked so the meat came out really juicy and tender with the pineapples perfectly soft. I found it to be an easy, quick and delicious recipe that had us coming back for seconds. I honestly ate a heaping second plate of just the pineapple for desert, that is how tasty it was. We added extra pepper flakes for more heat and I think that took it to a whole new level of yummy. I’m falling in love with Dijon mustard after the saucy pork chops I made a few weeks ago, and I must say I think that is what holds all the flavors in this recipe together.
Serves: 4 Calories: 350 per serving Time: MARINATE 3 hrs COOK: 30 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed
- 2 (20 oz.) cans of pineapple chunks, if you can get the ones in pineapple juice not syrup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Crushed pepper flakes (optional)
- To marinade, combine chicken, pineapple juice (drain from the canned stuff and keep pineapple chunks aside), garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest and paprika. Place in a large bowl or ziplock bag and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 9×13 cooking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and put into the baking dish and set aside. Discard of the marinade.
- In a large pan melt the butter. Once butter is melted add the Dijon, honey, and pineapple chunks stirring for a few minutes until bubbly. Remove from heat
- Pour the saucy pineapple chunks over the chicken and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- If you are into spicy, sprinkle pepper flakes on top before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Photo is an original belonging to me
**Recipe adapted from http://www.diethood.com