This is a really fun and delicious way to dress up green beans. I absolutely loved the tender crisp result. Let’s be honest, you cannot really go wrong with parmesan crusted anything! The only problem is that these were so good that we had none left over. The recipe is super easy and took very little time to prepare so I’ve got a feeling this will be my standard weeknight side dish. Delicious! Perry gave 5 stars and here is why:
“These beans are awesome! I think they would make for a good appetizer with a dipping sauce. They almost didn’t make it to our plates because when Kelsey pulled them out of the oven we automatically started snacking on them while we waited for the chicken she was also making to come out of the oven. The parmesan was really browned in some spots giving off an almost smoky taste. I think the next time Kelsey makes these I’ll suggest she does a couple of pounds worth of greens.
Serves: 4-6 Calories:130 per serving Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp cooking oil, preferably extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 ounces fresh green beans
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl combine oil, garlic, egg, garlic salt and pepper.
- Toss green beans into the mixture, coating them well.
- Add parmesan cheese and continue to toss gently until coated.
- Lay the green beans out evenly on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Broil for an additional 2 minutes or until crispy.
*Photo is an original belonging to me