I love “one pan” recipes. I’m a messy cook so dirtying only a single pan is a huge deal for me. This dish is simple and packs a lot of flavor. I added a few things to the original recipe I found on pintrest so if you are interested in seeing the original you can find that here: http://www.highheelsandgrills.com/2013/09/green-beans-chicken-and-potatoes-one.html
There were a ton of comments on the original recipe that were about “busts”, but that is because they didn’t use fresh green beans and tried to substitute with weird watery stuff. Please try to stick to these recipes as best as you can because, seriously, this is an incredibly delicious dish. Also, the photo above was taken before the dish was cooked. Your chicken and veggies should not be raw when all is said and done 🙂 Perry gave 5 stars and here is why
“I walked into our apartment and the smell was so savory I couldn’t wait to dig in. Everything about this dish was great. The chicken was zesty and cheesy, the potatoes were perfectly soft and seasoned, and the green beans had nice browned edges that practically melted in your mouth. I’m ready to have this for dinner again very soon.”
Serves: 5 Calories: 375/serving Time: 15 prep time – 1 hour cook time
- 12 oz fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 lb chicken breasts, diced
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 zesty Italian salad dressing seasoing packet
- 1/2 cup of butter, split into about 12 small pads
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, to sprinkle on chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prep green beans, chicken and potatoes, and toss each with a small sprinkling of italian seasoning (don’t use all of it just a little bit)
- Lay the prepped green beans, chicken and potatoes in a 9×13 baking dish with chicken in the middle (as pictured above)
- Place the butter pads all over the dish and sprinkle the rest of the italian seasoning packet over the dish as well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Bake for 1 hour, then remove and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the chicken. Cover with foil and bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted/bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Original recipe belongs to http://www.highheelsandgrills.com
*Photo is an original belonging to me