Perry occasionally invites his band mates and their wives over for dinner. Since they put up with him and his crazy antics during the 80s I feel like I really owe them 🙂 Because of my deep appreciation for them all I try to make dinner really special. We don’t usually make sweets unless we have guests because frankly I’m terrible at baking. These mini cheesecakes were good because they required minimal work on my part and were delicious. I didn’t get Perry to sit down and write a review because we were enjoying our guests, but the general consensus was 5 stars. The fact that our guests requested to take some home tells me they really enjoyed dessert.
Serves: 48 minis Calories: 95 per mini Time: Approximately 45 mins
- 1 (12 oz) package of vanilla wafers
- 2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (21oz) can of cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line mini muffin tins with mini paper liners. If you do not have a mini muffin tin just set the paper liners on a baking sheet. Put a vanilla wafer at the bottom of each liner.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.*It helps to soften the cream cheese for a few seconds in the microwave.
- Fill each mini paper with mixture almost to the top. If not using a mini muffin tin do this very carefully.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
- Top with a few cherries and filling.