Chicken breasts + chipotle powder + panko crumbs = absolute deliciousness! I personally feel that there is nothing better then an oven baked, crispy, popcorn-chicken with spice. These bitty bites are all of the above. They are bite size making them a fun weeknight dinner option. This recipe is very simple and quick which is perfect for us. The only catch is that to reheat you really have to do it in the oven. Perry gave 4 stars and this is why:
“These chicken poppers are quite spicy and very juicy. I like that they are small enough to eat a handful and think that they would be good for game-day snacks. My only complaint is that I don’t have an oven at work so as left overs they were not as good. This is why I gave 4 stars instead of 5. They are best reheated in the oven because it keeps the crumbs crisp.
Serves: 4+ Calories: 210 per serving Time: approximately 30 minutes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces
- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup panko crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs usually found next to regular bread crumbs at the market)
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp salt +more for seasoning chicken
- Ground pepper to taste + more for seasoning chicken
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lightly season diced chicken breasts with salt and pepper
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spritz with cooking spray
- Lightly toast panko crumbs in a dry pan. Watch this closely because it will toast very quickly and you don’t want it to burn. Toast until it is lightly browned, think golden.
- In a bowl mix together seasonings and add toasted panko. Set aside
- Whisk the egg and pour into a separate bowl with your diced chicken.
- Individually roll the pieces of chicken in panko/spice mixture and set on baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite condiments and sides.
*Photo is an original belonging to me