I’m always weary of recipes that come straight from big corporations marketing theirs and others’ products. This recipe, however was pleasantly AMAZING and took me for quite a surprise. The flavor was perfectly spicy and paired wonderfully with the cornbread topping. I also loved how easy this recipe was. It is definitely an on-the-go weeknight recipe packed with flavor.
Serves: 6 Calories: 515/serving Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 2 cans of whole kernel corn, drain
- 1 (16 oz) jar of Pace picante salsa
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 box (8oz) jiffy cornbread mix, prepared
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook beef over medium high heat until browned. Pour off extra fat.
- Stir in taco seasoning, corn, salsa, and cheese. Spoon this mixture into a 3 quart baking dish.
- Prepare corn bread batter and pour over beef/corn mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cornbread topping is cooked through.
- Dish and enjoy!
*Photo is an original belonging to me
**Original recipe can be found at http://www.campbellskitchen.com