I’ve been craving everything buffalo sauce/hot wings. Last week I made baked egg rolls and had a lot of left over wrappers so I thought it would be pretty genius to try a buffalo chicken version of our favorite classic recipe. I did this on a whim and they came out amazing! I shared one with my neighbors and Laura said “I love the blue cheese crumble. It gives it that wang!” This recipe got great reviews across the board and I cannot wait to heat them up again tonight for dinner. Perry gave 5 stars and here is why:
“These egg rolls are great. I really like hot wings and this is a good way to justify having them for dinner. Kels suggested maybe dunking them in blue cheese dressing or drizzling some on top but I think that would kill the heat and overall taste. These are perfect with some cheese crumbled over them. I would never douse them in dressing. They get five stars for heat and flavor.”
Serves: 5 (2 rolls per serving) Calories: 268.8/serving Time: 45 minutes (Prep + Cooking)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup buffalo or hot wing sauce
- 1 cup coleslaw, uncooked
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 2.5 oz blue cheese crumbles
- OPTIONAL: Blue cheese dressing
- Cook and shred your chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- Mix together shredded chicken and one cup of hot sauce
- Take a wrapper and place it in front of you in a “diamond position”, that is, a corner pointing towards you. In the middle of the wrapper line a small handful of coleslaw (a really really small handful) across the wrapper. Top the coleslaw with about 2-3 tbsp of the chicken mixture. Finally sprinkle a bit of the blue cheese crumble on top of the chicken. Take the pointed edge closest to you and fold it under the mixture then fold in the two sides. Roll it to the top and then seal the flap with a moist finger. Continue this process with the rest of your wrappers.
- Line the rolls on a baking sheet and spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake for 6 minutes then flip them to bake on the other side.
- Spray the other side with cooking spray and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool for a minute and then garnish with more crumbles and serve
*Photo is an original belonging to me
**I made up this recipe on a whim, but welcome anyone who wants to publish it on their blog to do so. Just give me some credit 🙂