Its getting colder which means it’s about time to start making soups and stews in the crockpot. We’ve also been feeling a bit under the weather so I decided it was time for me to try my hand at chicken potpie. I stumbled on a gem of a recipe at allrecipes.com and was shocked to find out that you can make potpie in the crockpot. I changed so much of this recipe so I am adapting it as my own but want to give allrecipes credit for giving me the idea and the base. This is my dream recipe because it has little mess, little fuss, it is delicious and perfect for the chilly weather. Perry gave it five stars and this is why:
“I really liked this diner because it was creamy, full of veggies, and hit the spot after a long day of work. I think the best way to eat it is with the biscuit on the bottom with the soup poured overtop. Kelsey tried making it with the least amount of added salt so you may need to add a little if you like your soup salty like me. We had leftovers for a few days and it got better each day we reheated it.”
Serves:8 Calories: 263 (without biscuit) Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, washed/ trimmed and cubed (about 1in cubes)
- 2 bags mixed frozen vegetables (we used corn, peas and carrots)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cans cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 can cream of celery condensed soup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp black pepper
- Combine everything but the frozen veggies in the crockpot. Cook on high for 5 hours
- Add the frozen veggies and cook for an additional hour.
- Serve with biscuits and enjoy!
*Idea adapted from http://www.allrecipes.com
*Photo is an original belonging to me