These bad boys were the perfect thing to satisfy my sweet tooth last weekend. They are not that healthy as a warning so if you are looking for a healthy snack this is not it. As long as you don’t overindulge you’ll be alright but I warn you they are addicting. It only took me 15 minutes to make these which is just about the time my almost-three-year-old allows me have to myself per day haha! The only way to improve on these would be to drizzle some dark chocolate over them, but that would be downright dangerous! Perry gave these 5 stars and this is why:
I was Scuba Diving the morning Kelsey made these so she teased me with a picture text right in the middle of my morning. I couldn’t wait to get home and have some after working up an appetite. They were SO good and I had to stop myself from eating the whole box. They have enough sweet and salt ratio to be perfect. I’ll take these over our occasional ice cream treat from now on.
Makes: about 1.5 sleeves of saltines Total time: >15 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1.5 sleeves of saltine crackers
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray
- Arrange crackers as evenly as you can on your baking sheet and set aside
- Melt butter in a small/med pot.
- Once butter is melted add 1 cup of brown sugar and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Boil for about 3 minutes.
- Pour toffee mixture over crackers and spread over with a knife or spatula.
- Bake in oven for 7-8 minutes and no longer as it will easily burn and stink up your house/apartment.
- Remove from oven and let cool before touching/eating. The toffee will be extremely hot and will stick to your fingers making a bad burn very likely. (Lesson learned 😉 )
- When cooled break pieces apart and enjoy!
- Storage: Store in an airtight container or ziplock to keep crisp.
*Original recipe belongs to http://www.iheartnaptime.net where you will find many other wonderful recipes and tutorials
*Photo is an original belonging to me