This recipe is everything I look for in a weeknight dinner. The recipe is simple so it is hard to screw up. It only requires a handful of ingredients which is nice on the wallet. It only takes 40 minutes tops to prepare including prep time which is perfect for those hectic nights that you have a million things going on. Lastly, we gave it 5 tars which means everyone’s tummies were full of a delicious dinner so we went to bed happy. Here is why Perry thinks this dish is deserving of 5 stars:
“Kelsey has been under the weather so I asked her what she wanted me to order for dinner. She refused to let me order in and I think it is because she wanted an excuse to get out of bed. She whipped up this casserole in under an hour and it was delicious. The bisquick is fluffy and sopped up the pizza sauce perfectly making each bite very flavorful. I was expecting to have to wash a lot of dishes after dinner (Kels is a messy cook) but there was hardly any mess. All around I think this dinner should have full stars for how fast, easy, tasty, and hassle free it is.”
Serves: 8 Calories: 470 Time: 35 minutes Carbs: approx. 8 grams
- 2 pouches (7.5 oz each) Bisquick® Complete buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
- 1package (8 oz) sliced pepperoni
- 2cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and water until soft dough forms.
- Drop half of dough by spoonfuls evenly in bottom of baking dish (dough will not completely cover bottom of dish. Just drop dumplings of biscuit batter. Do not spread to cover bottom of dish completely. The dough will rise and spread as it cooks).
- Drizzle about 1 cup pizza sauce over dough. Arrange 1/2 of the pepperoni slices evenly over sauce. Top with 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining dough, pizza sauce, pepperoni and cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares to serve.
*Original recipe belongs to http://www.BettyCrocker.com
*Photo is an original belonging to me