Many years ago I fell in love with chicken lettuce wraps from P.F Changs so when I saw this recipe I had to try it. The flavor was great and not overdone but I would cut the oil down to about half because the sauce seemed too liquid-y and made these extra messy to eat.
Serves: 4 (3 wraps per serving) Calories: 379 Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp reduced- sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of canola oil (I would cut this in half)
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 8 scallions, sliced
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 12 lettuce leaves (I have a handy video to share which will help you in making lettuce cups.)
- Whisk together the marmalade, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the beef, scallions, carrots and pepper for 5-7 minutes or until beef is browned and cooked through. Add the sauce mixture and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until well blended.
- If you are clueless how to make perfect lettuce cups like I was until last night. I suggest watching this instructional youtube video as it worked very well for me http://youtu.be/xDBxUNOkLi0
- Spoon the beef mixture into lettuce cups and serve!
*Photo is an original belonging to me
**Recipe is originally printed in the “Flat Belly Diet Cookbook”