These babies were just the thing to polish off the beautiful summer day today. The pineapples and chicken burger patties were juicy, flavorful, and grilled to perfection. The only thing I might add is a tsp of teriyaki sauce. All together these hit the spot and Perry deemed them worth 5 stars. Here is why:
“Kelsey says that she thinks I have no faith in her when it comes to the grill, but if you’ve seen her try to cook a steak you would understand why. When she grills without a recipe that gives her an exact cooking time it is guaranteed that she will burn and overcook it. I’m thankful this recipe gave her an exact cooking time because the burgers came out excellent. I really liked the taste of the chicken patty which I was originally unsure to try. When I think of a burger I think of a medium-rare slab of beef so I was prepared to be a little disappointed. I feel like I say that a lot because Kels likes to try some strange recipes, but she really does surprise me when it all comes together. This recipe is one of those that came together perfectly. I give full stars!”
Makes 9 sliders at 151 calories per slider
- 1-8oz can of pineapple slices, draines
- 2-3 skewers
- 3 slices pepper jack cheese, sliced to drape over 9 mini patties
- 9 slider buns
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, divided into 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, divided into 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, soy sauce, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp chili powder, salt, cumin, and garlic in a large bowl. Mix and divide into 9 large even balls. Keep in mind that the mixture might be a little sticky so don’t expect the balls to be perfectly formed. Just make sure you use close to the same amount of mixture per “ball.” Form patties, making them slightly thinner in the middle.
- Mix together the remaining 1/4 tsp paprika and 1/4 tsp of chili powder and sprinkle over the patties.
- Refrigerate the patties for 30 minutes. Do not skip this step because it will be difficult to transfer the patties to the grill.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high and grease the rack with cooking spray.
- Cook patties for 2-4 minutes per side or until cooked through. If you are using cheese (which I highly recommend) add it to the patties when you have a minute left on your timer.
- String pineapple chunks onto skewers and grill for 1-2 minutes or until you begin to see grill marks.
- Toast your bun if you wish and put together your sliders.
*Photo is original belonging to me
**This recipe was modified but you can find the original at http://homeiswheretheholmansare.blogspot.com/