I love my slow cooker especially being in school all morning and afternoon. I set it in the morning and come home to an apartment that smells amazing and get to give the family a good hearty meal. I found this recipe in a place I never EVER look… on the McCormick spice. I never trust an endorsed recipe to be that good but I went out on a whim and learned I should stop being such a recipe snob. This was a treat and I cannot wait to make it again. The sausage practically melted in my mouth and the sauce was not overly herbed taking away from the sausage and peppers. Perry gave it a whole ★★★★★ and this is why:
“Kels has been into making Asian dinners a lot lately so I was happy when she said she was making sausage and peppers. I envisioned a sub sandwich with links of sausage topped with peppers but should have known Kelsey would give me something completely different. I would describe this recipe as a meat sauce you could eat by the spoonful.. or at least that is what I did.”
Serves: 10 Calories: 310 per serving
– 2 lbs. sweet italian sausage (if you get links cut into 1in. pieces if you get ground sausage crumble into 1in. chunks.)
– 1 medium yellow onion, sliced 1in. thick
– 2-14.5oz cans of stewed tomatoes
– 2-6oz cans of tomato paste
– 1 package of McCormick’s slow cooker italian herb chicken seasoning
– 1 red bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch strips
– 1 green bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch strips
– Pasta or whatever you want to put the sausage and peppers on top of. We used gemili pasta.
1.) Place all ingredients except pasta in your slow cooker. Toss to coat well and cover with lid.
2.) Cook for 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH
3.) Prepare whatever you want to serve with the sausage and peppers like pasta or a soft roll.
*Photo is an original taken by me
**Original recipe can be found at http://www.mccormick.com