Last year we decided to cut as much red meat out of our diet as we could. Nowadays if we eat red meat it is hormone free or every once in a blue moon we will get the leanest ground beef at the market as a treat. We were craving some beef this week so I decided to try a new meatball recipe. These meatballs have a tasty oriental twist and save great for leftovers. We paired the meatballs with brown rice and frozen vegetables that we needed to get out of the freezer. This is a good “spring cleaning” recipe for your fridge 🙂
Ingredients for Meatballs:
– 1lb. Lean Ground Beef (The leanest you can get at the market. It is a little more pricey but definitely worth it. My husband claims to have less heartburn with a leaner cut.)
– 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onion (I love green onion so I usually use 1/4 cup additional chopped green onion)
– 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
– 1/3 Cup of Teriyaki Sauce
– 2 tsp Chopped Ginger Root
Ingredients for Rice:
– 3 Cups of Cooked Brown Rice
– 1 Egg
– Any frozen vegetables you like (I usually have some peas and corn around which are very tasty in this rice)
– Low Sodium Soy Sauce to taste
1.) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2.) Boil a pot of water to cook rice
3.) Mix all meatball ingredients in a large bowl.
4.) Form the balls however big or small you want to make them but try to figure for at least 8 balls.
5.) Bake for 30 minutes (If you like the tops to brown a little bit leave in for approx 3 more minutes)
6.) While your meatballs are baking cook your rice, vegetables, and scramble your egg.
7.) When all of the rice ingredients are cooked mix them together while adding low sodium soy sauce to taste.
8.) Once meatballs are cooked spoon rice onto your plate and place balls ontop.
9.) Indulge 🙂
*** You can also make these balls for an appetizer without the rice****
**All photos are originals taken my be**