I try to find recipes that are yummy, satisfying, and have added bonuses like protein and fiber. Quinoa is a super-seed that has all of the above including iron, magnesium and many other important things to include in your diet. In short eat quinoa and be happy 🙂 This recipe is great as a side and I have also heated up a patty for lunch with a small salad so it is very versatile.
– 2 cups of COOKED quinoa, cooled (I have made the mistake of cooking 2 cups of raw quinoa.. Remember that 1 cup of uncooked quinoa equals 2 cups cooked. Unless you want to make a double batch of course 🙂 )
– 2/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 tbsp all purpose flour
– 2 green onions, sliced (I love green onions so I usually use more)
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
– 1/2 tsp black pepper
– Pinch of cayenne pepper
-3 tbsp olive or canola oil.
1.) Mix together all ingredients EXCEPT the oil.
2.) Heat the oil in a large skillet.
3.) Using 1/4 cup-1/3 cup measuring cup to form patties. (I like to pack them into balls and when they are in the skillet I use the underside of the measuring cup to flatten it just a little bit. Do not flatten too much or else it will be really hard to flip.)
4.) Put up to 4 patties in the pan and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
5.) When browned to your liking transfer to a plate and lightly top with salt.
6.) Indulge 🙂